The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My Dad, The Fisherman


The Great White Fisherman 3/28/06
My dad, Mark, and my husband, Wayne, are the great white fisherman. Fishing
All winter long the two of them have been working on getting my dad's new (old Seaswirl) boat into commission for fishing this spring. They entered themselves into a fishing contest at the local tavern/eatery The Round Butte Inn (owned by my parents' very good and dear friends Bill & Berdi Wachter) in Culver, OR; they each paid $5. Whomever catches the "biggest" (meaning longest) Bull Trout, wins the contest. These 2 grown men (and my other 2 uncles Rick and Ron) have been out in the worst weather trying their hardest to catch the "big one." Today 3/28/06 my dad went out, but my husband declined saying he had too much farming to do.
Farmer
Well, after about 1:30 on the lake my dad caught this whopper! Now my hubby is kicking himself for not going! Ooops! See what happens when you are responsible?! This fish measured 28 1/2 inches and I am getting ready to print the picture (the one with the yard stick) to take in to the tavern. BTW, last year my Dad caught a 33 incher, but neglected to enter the contest, thinking someone else would catch a bigger one. Nope! Had he paid the $5 he would have been the "big winner!" So this year, he is sure someone has caught a bigger one! Oh well, there is always next year!

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Way to Go! Now Wayne will have to step up to the plate and break away from the farm for a few hours.

BTW, good job on getting pictures up and a post, and all on your own too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security