The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006- Overview


December 24, Christmas Eve-
The day was spent lazing around...just right for those of us who had fallen ill (me). I did however spend an hour ironing clothes for Christmas Eve Mass. Then got myself a shower...gave MacKenzie a shower. Now it was time to primp the Queen Mother and Princess...I am very thankful that this baby will be a boy! I don't need another girl at this point in time to primp with! LOL~ Also have to give hubby a haircut before Mass. My Aunt Pam charges my Uncle Ed to give him haircuts...maybe I should start doing that! I cut Wayne's hair every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. And it always seems to happen for me at the most inconvenient times...like when I have a 100 other things to do! But I know he wouldn't pay me to "shave" his head with the clippers...he would just do it himself...either way it doesn't bother me...I just would like to have more notice :)
So, off to Mass we go. The entire Fessler Clan will be there...keep in mind this is JUST IMMEDIATE FAMILY...All 23 of us! We end up having to leave for Mass at 4:30. The mailer that was sent out with the Holiday Mass Schedule said Christmas Eve Children's Mass was supposed to start at 5:00. However, the evening before (Sat, Dec 23rd) we went to church because Wayne had to usher with his Dad. During Mass it was discovered that the bulletin (given out during each service) had a typo in it. It said Mass was going to start at 5:30. Father was made aware of the conflicting times. So he told us all to be there the following evening for a 5:00 Mass. We arrive at 4:45...and there are hardly any people in the church! So...we waited for what seemed FOREVER for Mass to start...it was late- of course...started at 5:45. We were sitting in the pew with our 3 1/2 year old nephew...WILD TIMES waiting, waiting, waiting!
After church, we go to Fessler's for dinner, lasagna. Good food and good company. Then time to open gifts...it took A LONG TIME to open all the gifts under that tree! We finally get home about 10:30 pm!
December 25, Christmas Day
The next morning we (Wayne and I) woke up about 6:30. We stayed in bed for over an HOUR waiting for MacKenzie to get up! I can't believe she slept 'til after 7:30! But boy was she ever fired up and ready to start the day! We have a good Christmas morning over here. We played with a few things. Then we got cleaned up and the stuff we wanted to take rounded up and headed to Papa and Nana's. We spent the rest of the day there until late. The five of us opened gifts after the turkey was in the oven. We ate a late breakfast...played with our new toys. Then about 1:30 Uncle Boyfriend and Aunt Jeni showed up and we opened a few more gifts. Now it's about dinner time. Wayne goes to get Grandma Joyce. When she gets there- dinner time! Yummy, I LOVE me some turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy! I could eat it AT LEAST once a week! After dinner we played some family games and then dessert. Another late night...it felt good to sleep in the next morning :) I hope everyone had a Blessed Holiday Season! Mandy~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security