The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Saving Lots of Money!

At the end of January my cousin, Vanessa told me about this thing she was doing called The Grocery Game. I had never heard of it. She sent me some info and I read up on it and I decided to sign up. It was $1 for a month. A lady named Terri started the wholle thing who knows how long ago. Anyhow, she & her people research all the sales @ certain stores for the week. They post a "list" of the good buys and what coupons to use. I figured I would try it, not knowing just how much I would use it or how much savings there would actually be. Since I live in poe-dunk-ville there was only 1 store to choose from, Safeway- which is where I do my shopping anyway. I re-subscribed to the newspaper and started clipping. At 1st, I wasn't saving what I wanted. But I found it was because I didn't have a lot of the older coupons. Now that I have been doing this since the beginning of February I have most all that are called for. My stockpile has increased a lot! My freezer is full, my pantry is bursting and I have enough soaps, etc to last awhile! I have been getting freebies, and I even have a give-away pile to take to a shelter! I get quite a rush from shopping, especially when I am saving over 80%! It's incredible.

I now cook from what's in my pantry and shop for only what's on sale- unless it's an item that I have to have (milk, bread, cheese). So there is no more spending money to cook a special item, when none of the items needed to fix it are on sale! I calculated all of of my savings the other day and I am happy to report that I have saved over 55%! Granted, it could be better, but this includes a HUGE stockpile of diapers and wipes for a new baby that will arrive here soon! And diapers for his big brother! I have over 1000 diapers for the new baby! And probably 500 or so for Gabe-Man! Woo Hoo!!!

I am sure once Luke is born, we will be living off the stockpile I have gathered, since I will not be able to go into town as often to shop. I just hope that doesn't happen for too long. I don't want to deplete my stockpile too much! It has taken a lot to get it where it is now :)~

I was going to take some pics and post, but can't find my camera at the moment. Maybe by my next post! I'm just happy I have now posted 2 days in a row!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Pam said...

We've experimented with the Grocery Game on and off over the years. Uncle Eddie likes to do his own coupon/sales matching game and does really well with the savings. Yes, you gotta have a goodly supply of coupons to make the most of it. Keep it up, the savings over a year is amazing!

Two posts in a row...good job!!!

AunniePami@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security