The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Miss Mandy


My Kids

Until recently I was the "Head Teacher" of these wonderful children (most of them!).


Mom And Kids

It has been 2 weeks since I left my job, and I am missing these kids terribly. They have been visiting me in my sleep, oh what fun! Today I started filling out the paperwork for my criminal background check with the Oregon State Police and FBI. I still need to write a letter to the district's superintendent expressing why I would be an asset to the district. Then he in turn writes a letter on my behalf to the state asking them to approve my substitute teaching license- which is good for 3 school years. Being a sub teacher is a very scary thought! I am not sure if I would rather teach little ones (K-4) or high school. No thank you on junior high- that is an age I don't think anyone would want to do over again- let alone teach them! But for $140 a day, I may be able to be convinced- Maybe???

On another note, I spoke with my bestest friend in the entire world today. Best Friends 1
I missed her terribly, as we have not been speaking on a regular basis. I now feel terrible that I have not been there for her. Her life is falling to pieces and she told me today that she thinks she is having a nervous breakdown. Since she is an R.N.- BSN, I think she may actually know what she is talking about. I am very worried and cried on the phone with her for about an hour. Here I sit in Oregon and she in Missouri and I feel helpless, like my hands are tied. What can I do? I have been praying, praying, and more praying. I ask any of you that may read this blog to do the same. My friend is the mother of 2 beautiful children, ages 5 and 2 1/2. Mothering is taking it's toll on her during this stressful time. Her husband is not being supportive, in fact, I believe he is the source of the problem. But what can we do? We swear to God we will love them through thick and thin- that is where she is. She loves him, won't leave him, and will continue to take what he dishes out. Any advice I give her will not be taken until she is ready to do so. However, I fear that is never. Heavenly Father, I ask that you provide guidance and comfort to all involved in this time of need. In your son's name I pray. Amen.

My lovely daughter is away tonight spending the night at my other grandma's house with my cousins daughter. With her she took a suitcase full of Bratz dolls! I know what the two of them will be doing until midnight! So, I have the evening alone with my hubby! I need to get off this blog and go fix dinner. He pulled out pre-cut and pre-marinated chicken fajita meat from the freezer. So, now I am the lucky one to go fix dinner! Maybe he will do the cleanup? Probably, he is such a good husband!
Bouquet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security