The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy New Year's Weekend!


Well, here we are...another holiday weekend and an opportunity to spend some much needed time with family. This year we will play BUNCO at my brother, Alan's house. Playing BUNCO on New Year's Eve is a tradition in our family. Before my brother got married 1 1/2 years ago, it was played at my mom and dad's house. But last year, and again this year- it will be hosted by my brother and sil. Although I think once our hosue is built, we will host it...since our house will be almost twice the size of my brother's and the floor plan is more condusive for several tables. We usually have between 16 and 20 players. We play for money...usually it costs $10 per person. So whoever wins, has some nice spending cash :) Are we ever the winners? No- but it is still fun to play and socialize with all of our loved ones we don't see often enough. The people who are ALWAYS there: Mom, Dad, Alan, Jen, Wayne, Me, Uncle Steve, Aunt Carrie, Seth, K'Lyn....many others receive an invitation and sometimes they come, and sometimes they don't! Their loss! Last year there were several people who stopped by for a bit and then left...they just don't know what they are missing :) I do hope my Best Friend from college, Suzette, comes. My sil is trying to set her up with someone...so I am wondering if she will come...or if that will make her shy away?! Oh how I do hope she makes it...I never see enough of her :( I hope you all have a Happy and Safe New Year's Weekend with your loved ones! Mandy~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security