The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

God Bless PFC Tom Tucker; May he rest in peace

I am from a very small community...about 5,000. As I child I grew up in Metolius, a kind of suburb of Madras; it's population at the time was 300. We had a grade school K-5th with one class of each grade. Classes were relatively small (20-25 kids per class), and everyone knew eachother. Back in the day us kids were allowed to walk "alone" to the town park and play unsupervised. Tom Tucker was 1 year younger than my brother (5 years younger than me). He had a sister, Tayva, who is 2 years younger than me. They lived about 1 block from the park. We saw them everyday at school, and usually played with them at the park. I don't have a lot of memories, but I remember he was a kind and happy kid. He had the blondest of blond hair, cute freckles, and I think blue eyes. My heart absolutely hurts right now. I have knowledge of how these deployments and dangerous missions play out; being an ex-spouse of an Army Aviator...I have heard my fair share from him of the "close calls." Sitting here typing I can't even put what I am feeling into words. I just know that I am feeling very emotionally affected by this terrible news- and I cannot begin to fathom what his family is going through. My thought and prayers are with Wes, Meg, Tayva (and her boys) Tucker at this time. I ask that anyone reading this to please say a prayer as well- for that is all that can be done now. God Bless all of our service members; those who have served, who are serving, and those who gave their life so that we can be FREE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security