The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, February 05, 2007

Child Birth Education Classes

Since Wayne is a first time father, I thought it would be beneficial to take a course together. We spoke to the doc about it. I asked her if she thought we should take the refresher course (1 two hour class) or the normal course (2 hours once a week for 6 weeks). She said either would be ok. Her advice was to call the instructor of the course and talk about what each one covers. During my conversation with her (Janet) I thought to myself, "Wayne should not get away with 2 hours! He thinks he knows EVERYTHING about labor and delivery from having delivered so many calves, so let's see what he really knows about HUMANS!"

So we have been to 4 classes so far, and 2 more to go! The last class is Valentine's Day. Anyway, last week for the last hour one of the docs from my practice came in and gave ultrasounds (nothing diagnostic, just fun to look at ones) to the majority of us in the class. Some women declined, which was fine with me :) So I was the first one up there. They hooked the machine to the TV and everyone could see...it was pretty cool! Anyway, little man has finally turned head down...although Dr. Plant said he wasn't committed, just like my doc said. But I felt some relief in knowing he was "almost" where he is suposed to be :) We saw him "breathing" on the u/s. At about 33-34 weeks they begin breathing amniotic fluid to get the muscles into practice. We watched his heart beat and chest rise from the "breaths". We were not able to really see much detail of his face because he was turned with his face towards my spine (no wonder it hurts so bad)! But we could see his little hands and arms bunched around his face, too cute! Doc went down to see if we were able to see his boy parts. Nope...too smashed up in there to see very well. We (the doc) did see the scrotum and the umbilical cord was between his legs. They did not have the bed positioned very well (the head needed to be propped up a bit higher) so my view wasn't that great. Anyway...now that the doc pushed around on my stomach and showed me what was what, I have been doing it daily, and he is still right where he should be. So I am not sure if I will be getting another u/s or not. Whatever is fine with me. Since it is a new year, I have not met my $500 deductible...and u/s's are about $300... So, unless it's ordered for a REAL medical purpose, it just seems like a waste of money. But I will do whatever the Dr. orders! Ok, gonna run, or walk I should say. It is FINALLY sorta nice (40 degrees) and I have some mail I am going to walk down to the mailbox!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

You are almost there! :) I remember going to childbirth classes....my husband was firts to wear the "empathy belly" - have ya'll done that as well??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security