The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New Toy


Ok...I know I haven't posted for awhile, and probably about a month ago I talked about Wayne and I taking on a HUGE project. Well, we got that pool for MacKenzie (16 x 42). In order to set that up we brought in 6 truckloads of dirt. Then we had to level it...then we had to fertilize, then we had to plant grass seed (twice)...and ever since I have been watering the HECK out of it! I think we are going to have to plant yet MORE grass seed. Some of it did not come up worth a hill of beans! But what can you expect when you attempt to "do it yourself" and save money by NOT buying sod?! Anyway, DH has been talking about getting a riding lawn mower since the beginning of summer- but we never got around to it, since we have been so busy doing other stuff. Well today I was getting ready to go "push mow" the yard when he said to get him the phone number for Lowes in Bend. I was like "ok." Long story short...Lowes and Home Depot did not have the one in stock that we wanted, but the John Deere dealership here in town did. So we got the snowmobiles off the trailer and off to town I went to get this new baby. I got it home, Wayne unloaded it, and I haven't even got to touch it, let alone sit on it! Man you should have seen him! He was so cute, like a little kid in a candy store! He looked like a litte guy riding around on a go cart. This thing really hauls some bootie! It is 20 HP, and since we can't mow the new grass yet (too muddy and wet) the other part of the yard is really small! I think he had it done in like 5 minutes, but he kept riding it around! It was priceless, I wish I would have had my camera out!

Well, I must go to bed. I spent about 5 hours today on the combine. We now have the other one we bought 2 months ago all up and running (after we had to put about 4K in it...GRRR! It was supposed to be "ready to harvest" NOT) after Wayne and Roberto (hired man) put about 2 weeks worth of labor into it. So tonight Wayne said the routine is going to be for us (W & M) to run both combines in the late afternoon until about 8 pm. He estimates that we have about 2 more weeks worth of grass seed harvest. And then the first week of August we will start garlic harvest. And somewhere in the middle we will have to harvest the 2nd cutting of alfalfa. I need to find someone to watch Mac in the evenings while we harvest, so I will need to figure that out. I think I will ask my parents. Maybe my Dad will come out here and pick her up when he gets off work; then I will go get her when I am through for the night. Wayne has 2 more nights of getting up @ 12:30 am to finish swathing the grass seed. He has been doing that schedule (up @ 12:30 AM and works ALL day until 6 pm, then goes to bed at 7-8 to do all over again) for almost 3 weeks. He is such a hard worker, but I really worry about him. He doesn't eat well, doesn't drink enough water, won't take a break (or nap)- he works straight through. So I try the best I can to help him when I am able. My husband is SO AWESOME...he is an excellent provider and I am so thankful for all he does for our family! OK, I REALLY NEED TO GO! TOODLES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security