The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Update on Potentially Good News...

My last post I mentioned that we had some "potentially good news." I feel a bit safer now in sharing that "potentially good news." We are PREGNANT! Yes, I know, we said we were going to wait until the beginning of the year to try again- but I think God has other plans! This is unexpected- but very welcome!

As of today, I am 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I took a home pg test on July 9, and the line was ever so faint, we called it negative. By that Friday, 7/14- still no visitor. So I took another one- and the line was very bold indeed! I was not able to get into the doctor until 7/24 (ok, I could have seen someone else, but I wanted MY DOCTOR). The urine test came back positive right away in the office. If you will remember from last time, it came back negative. Dr El-Attar agreed to do a blood draw to check HCG levels (what patient do you know who says she VOLUNTARILY wants to get her blood drawn?). By 5 pm that evening she called and said that the HCG level was a little over 6,000 (compared to 71 last time :(...) so that was an excellent baseline. I had another appointment on Thursday of that same weeek 7/27 to do one last draw. In 72-96 hours the HCG level should double during this stage of pregnancy. I gladly went and gave more blood. But by the end of the day, I still had heard NOTHING! I was getting very nervous; scared that there was something wrong and they were avoiding calling me! Well Friday morning while I was at the Fair watching the nieces and nephews showing their animals, Amber (the nurse) called. She was very excited and told me that my HCG had more than doubled! YAY~! So I have an appointment for the OB workup (pap, pelvic, breast, etc) this coming Tuesday 8/8. At that appointment Suzy (Dr. El-Attar) will schedule me an ultrasound appointment. She said that is really the last thing that we need to be concerned about. Once we see/hear the heartbeat- I will feel OH SO MUCH BETTER!

I have been feeling just awful! Up until this week, it has been unseasonably HOT here! Driving combine with the sun shining in did not help. I had to make sure I had plastic bags with me- just in case! I got some meds for the nausea and they upped my acid relfux meds too, so that has helped just a bit. Last night I was up all night with an upset tummy, and today I still don't feel up to parr. And DH just told me I have to go to Redmond! YEE HAW! Maybe I can go a bit later when I am feeling a bit better! I am hoping that a HOT shower will help out a lot!

This week on the farm has been slow for me...Wayne has been busy getting things ready for garlic harvest next week. We are going to start on Monday. I think harvest will take about 10 days- as that is what it took last year. The night before last, we had 2 LOADED vehicles show up at our door wanting to know when we were doing garlic- so we now have our crew. And the added bonus is, 2 of the ladies speak perfect English and Spanish! Oh, and 2 of the men can drive the forklift...so DH is happy!

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Gia said...

Yay.........so if a slow week can you call me soon? I am sorry to hear that you are feeling crappy. I was hoping with this pregnancy you would have a "Gia-type pg" ... no nausea. I will keep praying. I love you!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Saska said...

Congrats on the good news. A new baby coming is always wonderful.

Hope your garlic harvest goes well. Would love to see pictures of how it's harvested (?) We only do wheat.

Good luck with your help. The language barrier is always hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security