The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

10 Simple Pleasures

I have been tagged by my Auntie Pam. I suppose I will do this, since I am completely frustrated and temporarily giving up posting my link for "100 Things About Me." A nice reprieve may be in order :)

10 Simple Pleasures
(no order, of course!)
1. Hearing my baby girl call me "Mom Mom." I always loved that my mom called her mom, Mama. That is what I wanted Mac to call me. But she had some speech problems when she was learning to talk. She never quite learned it the way I wanted. Nana finally taught her to say "Mom Mom." She is 7 and still calls me this. I love it now!
2. A long, overdue phone conversation with any of my dear friends.
3. Making cards, quilting, or any craft with my Auntie Pam. Make sure there are some tissues available, and go to the bathroom first!
4. Working in the yard planting flowers with my mom. And recently, with my daughter helping us!
5. Having a facial by my dear friend, Candie. Or any service she does- eyebrows, pedicures, full set of nails. MMMmmm, she is the best esthetician around!
6. Looking at old pictures- brings back so many good memories!
7. Going on a "date" with DH. I love it when he tells me we have been working hard and we have hardly seen eachother. He then "asks" me on a date. It usually goes something like this, "How would you like to go out for a nice dinner and maybe a movie- your choice." I do love him!
8. Fishing with my Daddy! Or helping him in his garden or shop. I love my Dad!
9. Reading a good book.
10. Ditto on my Grandma talking! Makes my heart sing and my eyes cry!
I now challenge Gia to do the same!

4 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Gia said...

Ok, now I am really cornfused. You challenge me to do what exactly, talk?!?! That is easy! What am I missing here?

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Goober! Just like the title says, "10 Simple Pleasures". I thought it may be therapeutic. Site down and type 10 little/simple things that put a smile on your face. I know this should not be hard for you. But like I said therapeutic...you can go back on your blog when you are having a hard day and look at it, and it may cheer you up! XXX

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Gia said...

Hey what happened to your profile when you put up your "100 Things About Me" link?

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

I had my profile set as private so others couldn't see it- was experimenting with the other blog, and I just forgot to turn iy back on. Thanks for telling me, I didn't even realize it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security