The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wikipedia

Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List some neat facts, some births and some deaths in your journal. Explain why you picked them.

December 14th

Events

1819 - Alabama becomes the 22nd U.S. state. (weird because of my ties to AL because of exH) Star

1947 - The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is founded in Daytona Beach, Florida. (because of my grandpa and my exH I am a NASCAR fan, even went to a few races in the South. Go Mark Martin and Roush Racing!) Checkered Flag

1962 - The Mona Lisa is assessed at US$100 million, the highest insurance valuance for a painting in history. (I found this interesting and remember learning this fact. I took 2 years of Art History in college. Mike Wonser is the most AWESOME Prof. I just took the class because I needed some electives; never did I imagine that I would grow to love the art and history!) Painter

Births

1503 - Nostradamus, French astrologer (d. 1566) (My Dad has always been interested in this man; personally I do not know much)

Deaths

1542 - King James V of Scotland (b. 1512) (because I am Scottish) Scotland

1799 - George Washington, first President of the United States (b. 1732) (Just thought this was interesting- after all, I am an American) Flag 3

1985 - Roger Maris, baseball player (b. 1934) (don't know much about him, but I answered his name to a question on Trivial Pursuit and got it right!) Baseball Head

Ok, so I am bored. I don't feel well today. Despite being under the weather, I still managed to go to town 2 times for DH today. I also did the dishes and swept/mopped the kitchen floor- or should I say "kitchen hill." I feel like I have a cold- sore throat, runny/plugged nose, itchy/watery eyes, cooughing, sneezing, headache, etc. But I think it's just allergies. Last night I was at M & D's and walked under a tree- afterward I had yellow pollen all over me, so I know different things are in season right now. Wayne felt bad yesterday and Mac on Monday. But I am pretty sure neither one of them was this bad off. I took a nap for about 1.5 hours. I feel a bit better, but still groggy. I need to run now...baby girl is going to get off the bus in a few!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security