The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Daddy, Mac, Ginger, & Lucky


Oops! I forgot to finish my entry before I posted! Anyway...After I planted, I came inside and cleaned the kitchen, finally did the dishes! Then I had to run DH back and forth picking up/dropping off equipment. Came home did a load of laundry. Then had to drive the pipe trailer over to the other farm. DH had loaded a culvert (pipe) that is going to go under our driveway. The middle of our driveway is in a lower (level wise) section of a field and water has a problem collecting there. So hubby ordered a 10" culvert to go there. Swift Steel delivered it today. Drove over to the other farm and hubby had decided to cut the driveway! He had made 3 passes and was doing a good job! How nice it is to have our own equipment to do these things ourself, instead of contracting out; who knows how much $ that would be! Now he knows how long (wide) the base of the driveway will be, so he will order a longer section and probably a little wider of a culvert for that. I will try to go over tomorrow and take pictures of what he got done. It sure looks nice, and I am pleasantly surprised- as he did not tell me he ordered that. He wanted to surprise me! And he did! Construction Barrier Picked up GF from school, took her to ballet, went to Bi-Mart. Since they had potting soil on sale I got 6 more bags (they were $1.50 each, couldn't pass it up- I know I'll use it all easily). GF got her report card- what a smart little girl! After dance, as a treat we went to Dairy Queen and bought cheeseburgers, french fries, and buster bars. DH wanted burgers BBQ'd on grill for dinner, but when I left home the burger was still frozen. So as a treat to them both we did DQ. He wanted burgers and I promised her ice cream for the job well done. She got E +'s (exceeds standards) in all subjects and on the breakdown of all the tasks, she got O's (outstanding). It is Thursday and Survivor is on now. I need to go as I have a hot date with my daughter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security