The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Can I Re-Do This Morning?

MacKenzie and "her" dog. Although as of late there has been some arguement as to whose dog it is; the queston at hand- who feeds the dog?


Roll Over










A picture of our family right taken in the grass field next to our home. We were trying to get Ginger to leave because she wouldn't stay put; but at the last minute she showed up and sat down! Big surprise!


Easter Cross




MacKenzie ouside picking up stuff to put in her Easter basket. Wayne took this, and I think it is pretty cute!

Child Basket






So, here is the Easter story. We left the house just in enough time to get to church. We knew since it was Easter there would be like a million and a half extra people and we were going to have to sit in the cry room. No big deal. We get there, find one of the last few spots. We sit down, and the congregation and choir is singing. They stop and the priest gets up to the pulpit- we can't hear him. Ok...what's the deal. The lady next to us gets up and turns the volume knob for the speaker- nothing. She sits awhile, then gets up and goes to get Donna who is seated just in front of the windows of the cry room. She is a self-appointed know it all of anything to do with the church. She comes back, checks the knob and still nothing. So she goes out and asks her hubby, Ed. He whispers in her ear. She comes back. "I'm sorry, but there is a problem with the wiring to the speaker and it won't work. I'm sorry." Ok. By now we are at the gospel reading- 30 minutes into the service. There are so many fussy babies and we can hear NOTHING. So Wayne says to me, when the gospel reading is over and everyone stands, we are leaving. That is just what we did. I asked the lady next to us to give our offering when the basket comes around. It was a check and sealed in our weekly offering envelope, so I felt safe. We left and both of us were like "it's Easter. Surely they could have made sure that was fixed!" Wayne's comment was they this is a service that many non-Catholics come to, and if the church is so interested in getting them to convert, then these people should be able to hear the word of God. And since most of them are going to be inclined to sit in the cry room, i.e., where people who are late, new and uncomfortable sit- then the dang speaker should work! If I was thinking of converting (which I am not) and I had been there to be touched, I would have left very disappointed. I literally could not hear more than 1 word over 30 seconds or so. What a very disappointing church service. I feel like I did not even go. When we left I said we should have gone to my church, and Wayne agreed. But I guess we could have gone to mass this morning in Warm Springs. But it started at 8:30 and we would have had to leave by 8. I was kind of grumpy due to being woke up my Ginger at 5:30 and after I finally fell back asleep, MacKenzie burst into the room, scared the liver out of me, and woke me up! GRRR! And besides that, there were other "f*****r" people that I didn't want to see. One meal a month is enough for me. Of which I need to get up and bake a cake for. I made 3 pudding and graham cracker pies for last night, but that probably isn't enough for the 25 people that are going to be there. The joys of a big family. Handcuffed

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Pam said...

There are few Do-Overs in life, you just gotta make the best of everything and live so as not to have any (or few) regrets down the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security