The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Great Fisherwoman...

So...my Dad and my husband talked me into getting a new "heavy-duty" fishing pole and "salmon" reel and buying my fishing license so that I could go fishing with them on our upcoming (this past weekend) family campout/fishing trip. BTW, this cost me $32 for a reel, $45 for a pole, and $28 for a fishing license. Luckily, I bargained shopped. Wayne wanted me to buy an $82 pole and a $60 reel! NOT...especially since I don't do that much fishing! Anyway...Our daughter did not have school on Friday, and since my Dad works for the school district, neither did he. We went up in the mid-morning and set up camp and hit the lake. It wasn't too bad of a day, but it could have been a little warmer. Anyway, knowing the rule of fishing (patience) I was; however this was a bit harder for my 7-year old daughter. Needless to say, the big one got away! A boat sped by and caused a huge wake. Just at that exact moment in time the darn Bull Trout decided to go for my herring on my 2 hooks. The large waves caused my bait and hooks to move up in the water and thus the dang fish missed my bottom hook by like 1/8 of an inch! GRRRR. So, I was patient all day (7 hours) on Friday- and nothing. Saturday, after it had rained ALL night long, I even got up early to go fishing; despite the frigid temperature- still nothing after 4 hours. Saturday late afternoon, early evening we went out again (3 hours) nothing. Come Sunday morning, there was no way in Hades I was going out in that boat again- and I didn't! Nobody caught one in our group all weekend! Wayne and my Dad promissed me that I would get one if I had 15 hours in. Well, I made 14; guess that wasn't close enough to 15! This picture was taken Saturday morning, just to show how much fun I was having, to prove I did it, and show how many clothes I had on- and was still cold! ON MY BOTTOM HALF- I had on silk long johns, jeans, flannel night pants...silk insullating socks, thick cotton socks, fleece socks and my hiking boots. ON MY TOP HALF- I had on a tank top, silk long sleeve long john shirt, long sleeve turtleneck, UO hooded sweatshirt, Columbia fleece zip up, Columbia outer coat w/ hood, Columbia scarf wrapped around my neck and face, Columbia fleece ear band, UO sun visor, sunglasses, neoprene and leather gloves. And on top of all of that, I had a fleece blanket on my lap because the wind was SO COLD I could feel it going through my clothes directly to my skin! Oh, the joys of fishing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security