The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Friday, April 14, 2006

Too Big For The Easter Basket!


Ok, so my status as a mom has been wavering in my daughters eyes as of late. I guess that's what happens in the pre-teen stage. So today I attempted to remedy the situation. I went to Mac's school at 11:30 and picked her up. I told her she had an appointment. I would not tell her what kind until we left the building. When we got into the car and started driving off, I told her we were going to Redmond shopping for an Easter dress and for some basket stuff. We went to Fred's and no luck on an Easter dress. But we did get some good deals on candy. Next stop, Quizno's for some lunch. Wal-Mart is right across the street, so that was stop #2. Mac could hardly wait, especially since she didn't get a dress at Fred's; I think she thought she wasn't going to get one? Straight through the door and a bee line to the girls' section; that is what Mac did. Of course, her idea of an Easter dress and mine were 2 different stories! Needless to say, I let her have her way. She got a blue dress (plain blue, no print) with a blue shrug to wear over it, since it is sleeveless (the weather is supposed to be COLD- snow on the mountains all around us), rhinestone clips and blue ribbons for her hair, a pair of white tights, and she got a new pair of sandals already (phew!). Then we walked over to the bikes. I pretended like we were just looking. I pulled one down and asked her to get on so we could see if the next bigger size would fit or not. Over last weekends camping trip, we discovered her bike was WAY TOO SMALL! She said she really liked it and thought she could ride it just fine. I asked her to show me. So down the aisle at WM she went. Then she came back and I told her if she wanted that for her Easter present then we would get it. Man, you should have seen how big her little eyes got! I was the best mom ever! Then we went over and get the next size up in helmets; since the one we have is misplaced at the moment! This picture above is the new bike with the old one. Her last bike was a 16" and this one is a 20".
Here is the new bike by itself. It is a blue/turquiose color with flowers of all colors on it. We will need to do a few minor adjustments. The seat needs to be on the lowest setting and tipped forward a little. The handlebars may need to be lowered, but we will see after we do the seat thing.







This is just a picture to show her "most favorite" part on the whole bike; a kickstand! You would think this thing was made of gold the way she has been going on about it! Her last bike came with training wheels on it (she no longer needs them). Because of the training wheels, the kickstand would not fit. Then when we took the training wheels off, I couldn't find the kickstand anywhere. So she was resigned to leaning it against objects, or just lying it on the ground. So due to this "kickstand" her new bike will NOT get any scratches on it! Too Funny!!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Funny girl! she left a message on my voicemail telling me she had a kickstand....then remembered to say she had a new bike. Then she called our home phone, told Uncle Eddie she had a new bike with a kickstand and when he asked her what color her new bike is she said it was "blue with stuff on it". Funny girl, couldn't remember the design painted on her new bike but she sure wanted us to know she had a kickstand. Uncle Eddie and I fell asleep laughing about it! We love Macaroni!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security