The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Think It's On The Way!


Spring...I think it's on the way! The mornings are chilly, a slight wind, some threat of rain...By the afternoon, the sun has peaked out, still semi-overcast, and the smell of light rain in the wind and a touch of warmness. That prompted me to go to Bi-Mart this morning after Curves and buy some flowers and a bundle of 4 outdoor pots. However, I neglected to buy more potting soil, oops! I was only able to plant 1/2 of the flowers I purchased. Oh well, guess I will have to go to the gym again tomorrow to have a reason to go buy some potting soil.

While I was browsing the flowers outside, I ran into one of my oldest friends, Amanda. We have known eachother since the 1st grade! That is exactly the age of my daughter right now- so that is kinda hard to wrap my mind around. Anyway, we live in the same town and we never see eachother- maybe 1 time a year. That is pretty pathetic. We really should make time and have lunch occassionally...guess we will have to see.

After chatting with her for an hour, I went to the bank to deposit payroll taxes and Safeway to pick up a prescription. Then home it was to do some laundry. DH informed me this morning he was running out of work pants...let me correct him...running out of work pants that are not too tight! LOL, this is the most DH has ever weighed. He is not heavy by any means, just is not used to having a "little belly!" Funny guy, keeps talking about needing to go on a morning run and do nightly sit-ups! Now he knows he I feel trying to get to the gym on a daily basis!

After laundry and fixing lunch, DH went out to the shop to work on the "flamer." A device used to burn fields, especially garlic (beginning of August) right before harvest. So I took the opportunity to shower and shave my legs! I know the ladies at the gym will be thankful! After that, I curled up in bed and read the sequel to a book I finished over the weekend while camping.

Then my little girlfriend came home from school, and she helped me plant some flowers. Isn't she so cute? She is my little helper! Then started this post about 4 hours ago. It has been a work in progress to say the least! Fixed dinner- pork chops stuffed with stuffing (like thanksgiving kind), rice pilaf, and peas. Had to go pick DH up from our other farm just as dinner was done. He was row spraying the money crop "grass seed." He is way behind because of all the rain...GrrR! Came home, ate, talked to my Auntie Pam about her fixing my blog! Talked on the puter...it is now 10:15 and I am just finishing up! I have homework to do so she can continue to work on my blog. I am tankful for her help and expertise! Maybe someday I will pick up the tricks of this trade! DH keeps coming out and checking on me. I better git!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security