The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Busy Day!


Here is a pic of my new toy. Wayne unloaded it for me tonight. With the exception of backing it down the ramps, I was the first person to drive it! Mac and I drove around the farm tonight and helped Wayne with water. It drives much smoother than the other 2, you can sure tell it's new!








Late afternoon I had to take DH something to eat. He did not have anything to eat or drink all day. He called at about 5:15 pm and asked me to bring some to the shop. Took Mac and Ginger. Here is Ginger being a "ruff tough coco puff!" She chased the cows all over. Whenever she tried to chase the horses, she got scared- I think they were too big and intimidated her! Funny dog!






MacKenzie looking into the horse coral.


















MacKenzie and cousin Matthew doing some "horse talk." Grandpa taught him to ride at a young age and he enjoys riding. So he talks to Mac a lot about horses and how to take care of them, etc.









FIL bought some new toys this week too. These horses are called Shires. Chub (FIL) has always had the dream of having a team of draft horses. What for, I have no idea! Last year he bought an old wagon (like off of Little House on the Prairie) but it's still sitting in the equipment shed. Now that he has the horses maybe he will do something with the wagon? It may give him the little extra incentive. Anyway, the one here with the blaze is Ford. I couldn't get a very good shot, he was not willing to come closer to the fence.




This is the other guy. His name is Mick (we think- parents are out of town). Isn't he beautiful? He was quite the poser. He stood there and kept letting me snap shots of him. Tomorrow I promised Mac that we would take some apples to the horses and feed them. I will probably have to go buy some more when I am in town. It isn't fair to feed some of them and not all of them (even though these big fellows are in their own pasture). All together there are 9 horses (I think?).


Ok. I have a ton of stuff I could write about, but it has been a busy day. Hubby had a rough day and is just getting out of shower. He asked me to come back to the bedroom instead of working in the living room on puter. I know he will be ready to sleep, so I must go for now!

PS- here is a little background on the Shire:
The shire horse is a breed of draft horse. It is the tallest of the modern draft breeds, and a stallion may stand 18 or more hands(~180 cm) high and weigh a ton. The Shire horse has a dense rounded body, a broad back, strong loins, powerful hind-quarters, and long legs with dense bones. It can be black, brown, bay, or gray and has distinctive long silky hair (often white) on the lower parts of its legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security