The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Special Card


I have almost been married 5 months! Yes, I know that sounds silly...but, what can I say? I never thought I would be married again. I thought I was bound to be the lonely, divorced, single mother who lived her life through her daughter. I would die an old lonely spinster. Seriously, I had visions of this! But God must have had another plan for me! Anyway, this all (well, not my spinster story- but remembering the 5 month mark) came about when I went to the freezer to pull something out for dinner. On the top shelf staring right at me was the box that houses our wedding cake top. I got to thinking and remembering how yucky my last wedding cake tasted at 10 months. So, I have been devising a plan. I think for our 6 month mark I am going to have a nice dinner and have the cake dethawed and give hubby this card. I am a card person, what can I say? I don't find it hard to tell people how I feel- I do often. But I love giving homemade cards that have some of my love in them! I have made several cards for DH. He even has them posted on his corkboard on his side of the bed (hung on the wall). Each of us (Me, Mac, and Wayne) has one hung in the bedroom. This is a way to hang things, i.e. newspaper clippings, report cards, pictures, cards, etc., that are important to us. Mine is mostly filled with pictures of the most important people in my life. Baby girl's has pictures and some artwork (I haven't glanced at it lately, don't know if she has changed it). DH's has my cards and then pictures of fish! Go figure, shows what's important! LOL! Anyway, back to this card. I have had these metal tags in my stash for a long time. You know when you buy something you just have to have? Well I knew I had to have these, but was waiting for something special to use them on. Guess I finally found that something special!
There is a sticker at the top of the first row of tags. The camera did not pick it up very well...but...The sticker says "Eternal Love." The first row of metal tags read (from l. to r.) hope, love, magic. Under the ribbon (l. to r.) cherish, joy, believe. I attached the ribbon on each side with staples. I have been seeing staples used a lot lately and I think it's pretty cute! So I decided to try something new. I wish you could see the detail of the brads (oops, I mean "chads") that I used to adhere the metal tags with. They each have a different design. On the rows I used (l. to r.) pink, red, pink and I alternated solid, polka dots, spiral, and striped. It is way too cute! I can't wait to give it to him- but I know he won't be nearly as excited as I was to make it or give it. Oh well- it's a girl thing I guess! I love my DH very much and am so thankful to be in his life, and him in mine. It is my hope and prayer that our love is indeed "Eternal."


Proverbs 31:10-31
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Ephesians 5:21-27
Be subordinate to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord.
For the husband is head of his wife just as Christ is head of the church, he himself the savior of the body.
As the church is subordinate to Christ, so wives should be subordinate to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her to sanctify her, cleansing her by the bath of water with the word, that he might present to himself the church in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
So (also) husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
For no one hates his own flesh but rather nourishes and cherishes it, even as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body.
"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security