The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dr Appt

This morning at 9 I had my OB appointment. Had to answer all of the medical history questions, blah blah blah. Then the fun part- the exam. Good news...I did not gain any weight since last time I was there (yay me!), my fundal height is right where it should be, blood pressure is good, blood work from last time came out fine (no STD'S ((phew...lol)), don't have HIV/AIDS ((double phew!)), still immune to Rubella, don't have anemia), and I have an appointment on Thursday for an ultrasound. YAY!! Only 2 days and I will get to see this little one...and the heartbeat! That is what I am really looking forward to and most concerned about. I will feel oh so much better! My appt is at 4:30 because Wayne is the one who requested a late appt. I asked him when I got home if he had plans for Thursday at 4:30- and he said he didn't know...why? I told him he now had plans- could he make it. He said he would try...I told him he better be there or I was divorcing him! I know he is busy with garlic (that should have started today, but didn't...long story more below) but the crew should stop working @ 4 and there is NO REASONE he can't be there! I really think he is just giving me a hard time though! What a BRAT!

Ok, so here goes the garlic story....

Yesterday late afternoon a bunch of clouds moved in and the sky got dark...really dark. Well then the wind started blowing...HARD!!!! We had a bunch of the workers show up to do their paperwork about this time...lovely! Anyway, the wind continued all night. About the time we decided to go to bed (after 10 because Wayne had to go shut the wheel line off on the garlic) the wind was roaring SO LOUD I thought for sure our house was going to blow away! Then came the rain, and in about 30 seconds- the power went out! It was out for several hours...it was SO HOT and HUMID I was about sweating to death. Finally about 3 am the power came back on. So I asked Wayne to turn the a/c on in the bedroom. He did- and the power went out again! GRRR! Anyway, in the wee hours of the morning it finally came back on and stayed! Well, DH didn't think it rained that much...yeah right! ***Anyway, we had workers from Prineville show up @ 5:30 am. Wayne went out and said he didn't know if there was going to be work because of the rain. He told them to wait and he would drive to the garlic field and check. He came back and said probably no work until at least 10- the garlic skins were all wet and soaked through. Can't put them in crates like that- they'll rot and there goes the $$! Anyway, the guy who was here with his mother-in-law got kind of mouthy with Wayne and wanted him to pay them for the day or give them some gas since they drove all the way here from Prineville. Wayne said no way- you have my number and you should have called, besides you weren't supposed to be here until 7. Well the guy had brought his 2 daughters (1st grade and 3rd grade) and he was going to leave them in the car all day! Wayne told him don't come back today, there's probably no work. And don't come back until you have a baby sitter. It is not safe to leave your kids in the heat of the car all day and there is bag machinery in the fields all day- so not a safe place for kids!*** Ok, after that fiasco, about a million phone calls came in from the workers. Wayne told them to check back in at 10. I got home from my appt about 10, and DH said it was too wet. So here's hoping that the weather is nice today, and the sun/wind combo help to dry up the garlic that has already been dug and is exposed to the weather!

Here's also hoping that I can get a bit of a nap in today! I didn't sleep well at all last night. Too hot, the wind and rain kept me awake, tummy problems, etc. I finally fell into a deep sleep about 30 minutes before I had to wake up to get ready to go to the dr! Figures :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security