The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ultrasound

This morning at 9, Wayne, Mac and I had an ultrasound appointment. I was pretty nervous/anxious. I just wanted to get there and find out that everything was ok. We got there and it was the same tech as last time...only this time she was much friendlier :) I told her we weren't sure if we wanted to know the sex. She said that was fine, she would stay away from "that" area. All was great, until she went to measure the legs. Well all of a sudden I saw something...I kept wondering to myself, "is that was I think it is?" So a few minutes later I asked the tech if she had seen what it was...and she replied, "possibly." Then she went back down to that area and was measuring the umbilical cord and making sure that the 3 vessels were working...that is when I said, "I think I already saw what it was, so now we want to know." She then told me to be careful because to the untrained eye diagnosing can be tricky. After all measurements were done (a few more minutes after I asked) she went back down to that area and said, "that's what we call the sign of the turtle." At fisrst I was like, what????!!!!! Then I realized it was because MacKenzie was in the room and she did not know what else to say! Then she clarified and said it was a boy...and showed a picture. She mentioned that the whole appointment "he" was showing his thing, and she was trying to keep the wand away because we did not give her the ok! LOL, after the "confirmation" baby boy Fessler was very happy to keep his legs out of the way and show off his glory! I felt SO BAD for MacKenzie. This whole time she has told everyone that she is having a sister, and that was her and Nana's guess. Well she just about cried when the tech said it was going to be a baby brother. Luckily, Nana was there and comforted her :) Had it not been for Nana to hold her, I really do think she would have cried...and I couldn't hold her because I was on the table :( My poor little Angel! We then told her that brothers are fun too. And someday he would be big enough for her 4-wheeler and then she could have a BIG one just for her. It sounded good at the time....but now it sounds like bribery! So I am sure some of the first words she speaks to him will be, "when are you going to be big enough to ride 4-wheelers!" Here are some pics, then I have to run and get Halloween costume stuff ready! Happy Halloween Everyone!

+++++UPDATE+++++ Blogger is not playing nice! I am unable to post pics for some reason! GRRR!

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Gia said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I am so excited for you both! Now you will have one of each! :) How was your Halloween? Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security