The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Little Cheeseburger!




I don't know why, but when MacKenzie was a little girl (6 mo) I used to call her my "cheeseburger." My mom and everyone else used to ask me if she liked cheeseburgers. My response was, "I don't know." People were stumped as to why I called her that. Now that I think about it, there was no rhyme or reason why, just that I could and I did!

Since Mac has gotten her yellow quad, we are deep into looking for yellow gear to go with it. I bought her a yellow jersey, yellow riding gloves, yellow dust goggles, yellow chest protector and yellow helmet! Seeing all of this yellow on her yesterday for the first time (complete with the helmet that arrived on Friday) reminded me of my "little cheeseburger." Only she is not so little! I can not believe my baby is almost 8! And she is big enough to be riding her very own quad! And acting like a dare-devil! I almost had a heart attack when I saw her doing "fish-tails" in the gravel on the driveway! I had to call her bio-dad and tell him she acts just like him! He was so proud, "That's my girl!" Told me not to worry, she would be fine. And if she happened to roll it, then she would learn respect for the quad. Ummm...yeah, but I would rather AVOID that, because I am the one who has taken her to COUNTLESS emergency room visits ALONE- stitches, x-rays, pulling objects from her body with LONG TWEEZERS...not to mention she could get SERIOUSLY hurt and even die! He told me not to be paranoid...yeah ok, you carry a baby for 9 months, go through labor, and then raise the baby by yourself from the time she is born because he leaves! UGGGG!!! Yes, I am a little overprotective...but can one blame me?! After she was done riding I asked her where she learned that, and she said, "From my Dad. He did it in his truck big red, only he went all the way around in a circle. I can't do a whole circle yet." Goodness, I about died! She couldn't wait to call him and tell him what she figured out how to do! But at least he talked to her about safety and told her not to push it, she needs to learn how to ride a bit better first! God grant me strength! I have turned my daughter into a monster by allowing her a quad!

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Pam said...

That is one tough looking cookie! Mac you are gonna have to get a job to help pay for the gas to keep that running!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Saska said...

Ahh Mom! Just grit your teeth and swallow hard...you've got a lot of stitches and bruises ahead of ya!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Hi! What a cute blog you have. The title made me chuckle. :) You have an interesting life there in Oregon - I will check back in and see what you're doing. We have a few things in common - I have an 8 yr old too, I'm surrounded by cattle and crops!, and I LOVE Survior! ha! (haven't found anyone to root for yet this season, though)

Take Care!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

OK Mandy - I keep waiting for you to update. We all need to know how the that pregancy is going. :) I enjoyed your comments on my blog. Thanks for stoppin' by!

Toodles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security