The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Quad

Last night our friends Esther and Doug brought over the Kids' Quad we bought from them for MacKenzie. She was SO FUNNY! She was very excited and could hardly wait to get on it! She had to get her helmet...then she had on flip flops- so had to go change her shoes! Doug was kind enough to take Mac on her "first" ride (did I mention that she LOVES Doug? When we went riding over Labor Day Wkend, she rode with him and LOVED it and him. All the way home she talked about how much she liked him and how nice he was! LOL!). They rode on the ditch road and turned around in the grass field. After Doug was off, Mac couldn't wait to go on her own! She drove ALL over the place here. The quad doesn't have a reverse, so Esther was telling me just how funny it is when the kids don't turn sharp enough, or end up in a situation where they have to get off the bike and pull it. Just about that time, we saw Mac down the driveway pulling the machine so she could make the corner! TOO CUTE! After they left, I came in the house and made a quick dinner, stuck it in the oven...then Mac and I rode over to the other farm where Wayne was at changing water. Since Wayne took MY QUAD, I was going to take HIS QUAD, but it had a flat tire...no biggie I was going to put air in the tire, but it wouldn't start! Since Mac was so hyped to go on the ride (she even went and put pants on and a sweatshirt) I could not disappoint her! So I followed her over in the flatbed. Her quad doesn't have a headlight and by this time it was dusk for sure...not much light left. So I put the brights on and followed her. The max speed of her quad is 22 mph, and she never got over 10, so I was happy. On the ditch road there are a TON of mud puddles, and my daughter went right through the middle of each one of them! If it was on the opposite side of the road than she was, she would deliberately go to the other side JUST to hit it! Funny girl! Anyway, by the time we got over to the other farm and found Wayne, it was dark. So we loaded the quad on the back of the flatbed...Mac wasn't happy! Then Wayne told me I should not have brought her over! Well she was so stinking excited to show him I couldn't deny her! It was his fault for not being home when she got it! Anyway...Wayne has done some tinkering on it this morning already...just like he's the little kid and it's his toy! LOL! He let some air out of the tires, they were over-inflated and made the ride kind of rough. He checked the governor screw...but it was missing. I told him not to worry about it, but he said no way...he knows Mac and it won't be long before she sees just exactly what it will do! LOL! So now he is going to find something at the auto parts store to go where the screw should be!

1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Gia said...

TOO Funny, you are right! I wish I was there and we could go tear up a field together! Wouldn't that be cool for her to take Kyler for a ride too? ~grin~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security