The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Power is important!


On Saturday morning we awoke to a loud noise. We weren't really sure what it was. Took a look around and nothing. So we went on with our morning. Cooked and ate breakfast, a little bit of TV. Then Wayne went outside to do some work. He called me and said, "One of the neighbors hired men hit the power pole and it is almost ready to fall over. It's not very safe, so don't go down the driveway if you don't have to." So I looked out the front door and this is what I saw. It was barely hanging on! I took this picture thinking this was the worst of it. Then later on, I drove down the driveway (after the power was turned off) and saw that it was hit from the other side, and it looked even worse. By then the power company was on-site and I was not able to get a very clear picture. Anyway the line-man came up to the house and said he was giving me 5 minutes to do what I needed before he turned the power off! WHAT! 5 minutes, ha ha. That was not enough time to do what I needed. Anyway, I shut off the computers and important stuff. They turned the power off at 10:20 am and I left to go find Wayne. Told him that we were not going to have power all day while they fixed this. We were already planning to go to my folks' house for the late afternoon anyway. My Dad was having a BBQ for his busdrivers and Wayne was the cook. So I gathered what we needed up and headed in there. We all ended up showering there. We stayed late intentionally, not knowing when our power would be back on. We got home at 8pm and the alarm clocks were flashing 4:00, so it seems that the power came back on around 4pm. Anyway, the "boss" of the hired man ended up having to foot the bill. The line-man told us this was going to cost him about $6,000. He had to pay for the new pole, the pay of all men on site (4 I think) at double time (because it happened over the weekend) and the loss the power company had because of us being out of power all day. Anyway, we have been complaining because these men drive up and down our road like a bat out of Hades...there are children playing here and dogs running, etc. The main gripe is, this is OUR driveway...4 families share it, and of these 4 families, that BOSS and his MEN DO NOT LIVE ON THIS ROAD...so they should have some respect and courtesy for the rest of us. Anyway, they seem to have slowed down some...I guess we will wait and see if this is just temporary!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Gia said...

Can't wait to hear how your camping trip was! Miss you!

BOOK TAG, YOU'RE IT!
Grab the book closest to you.
Open to page 123.
Scroll down to the 5th sentence.
Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog - name of the book and the author.
Then tag 3 people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security