The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday- Hump Day!


Normally I have no idea as to what day of the week it is, nor does it usually matter. Since we are farmers, we have a 7 day long work week and are on call 24 hours a day! But this weekend, MacKenzie and I are going to have a bit of a get away. We are leaving on Friday with my mom to go down to the Southern Oregon Coast to visit my grandma and Auntie Pam. MacKenzie is so excited, she is almost beside herself! She has been told though, she has to have a clean bedroom and bathroom, or she is not able to go! So, we'll see what the deal is tonight when her dad comes home to check her progress! I need to figure out some stuff to take with me. Maybe I will a minimal supply of card making things. I should probably look through my magazines and pick a few ideas out...that way I don't have to drag my 3+ scrapbook suitcases down with me :-) Mac's and my time will mostly be spent @ the nursing home with my gma. I believe that my mom plans on spending quite a lot of time @ my aunt's canning tuna and garlic (I think I will stay away- just thinking about the smell is making my GAG!). I am going to do my very best to make the time to take Mac to Bandon to play on the beach. When we make the trip down to Coos Bay/Coquille we always say we are going to the "beach" but usually we get so busy doing other things, that we never seem to make it! Well, this time we are going to make it...take the time and enjoy ourselves! I need to remember to take my camera, so I can get some cute shots of Mac playing in the sand. Maybe I will even be able to cnvince my gma to go with us- but I doubt it. Her and my grandpa (he's been gone almost 2 years) used to go down and park in their Jeep and watch the waves crash in on the Jetty...so I am sure being down there reminds her of him, and it must make her sad- I can only imagine. Anyway, I have not yet told my gma that I am pg...so I plan on taking her a picture of "baby Fessler" from the ultrasound to post on her picture board. I am thinking of making a really cute card to put the pic in for her...thought it would be a cute idea...and I am yearning to do something creative! Although, on August 6th, I decided to break out my sewing machine! Yes, you are reading me right! For more details, look for the next post! Ok, enough for now, I must go and get some stuff done!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Gia said...

So how was your weekend? I am anxious to hear all about it. Miss you...
PS I work tomorrow and Wednesday and off Thurs/Fri for Kyler's first two days of school. My little man is growing up ~~sniff~~

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Gia said...

Where have you been? I am missing your posts on how you are feeling etc. I am off today and Wednesday. I have Ciara's doctors appt at Shriners at 0800 and then I have a dr. appt at 1130. My cell phone key pad is no longer frozen so you can call the 5932 number. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security