The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baby Fessler Has A Heartbeat!


Hi everyone! Got home about an hour ago from the ultrasound and then dinner out! After the "vaginal" ultrasound with the "probe" DH owed me! LOL! It took FOREVER to get to the part where we could see the "baby." The tech first did a "normal" ultrasound. She showed us the yolk sac- but nothing other than that was visible! So after the first set of measurements (locating each ovary, kidney, etc.) I was finally able to empty my bladder. Then came the part that was the most uncomfortable- but most rewarding! As soon as I saw the heartbeat, I teared up. A single tear rolled down my right cheek. After all of that, the girl (literally, she must have been 22 at the most!) told me she was done and to get dressed. I said, "Aren't you going to give us a picture or anything?" I mean, geez, it was the LEAST I deserved! She made up something about not being sure if she had a good shot. I just stood there looking over her shoulder, waiting. I was not leaving w/o one! I would have gladly gotten back in the stirrups just so she could get one! So, this is the one and only, everyone be thankful! LOL! The doctor will get the results tomorrow probably, but I am sure I won't hear from her...that is, unless something is really wrong. I have another ob appt in 3 1/2 weeks. So I will see what she has to say. The only other thing the tech said was that my uterus is really tilted, to the back by my spine...only about 1/3 of pg women have this problem. The baby's heart rate was 167 (there was no sound on the machine I guess because we did not get to hear it). She said according to the measurements she took, I am only 7 1/2 weeks. But after we left, I looked at the calendar and that can't be right. I also looked in my book when I got home and it said that very early ultrasounds and very late (2 months pg or 2 months from delivery) are not very reliable for dating. So she said that the dr probably would not change my due date. And another ultrasound near 20 weeks will provide better measurements...but I am pretty sure of when I conceived...since summer is not a "busy" time for us in that department! LOL! Ok, I feel much better now! Phhewwwww! Praise the Lord for He is good!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Gia said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay now I know what you meant by 'Read my other blog'. I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! I love you! I MISS YOU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security