The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

UGGGG!!!!

Today started out just rotten! Yesterday about 12:30, DH's SIL showed up and said she had to take one of our trucks and go to Bend to p/u her hubby and 3 year old son. They had went to Bend to go to the irrigation store to p/u some heavy duty pipe to make their reservoir. Well my BIL's new truck (6 months old, 15,000 miles) broke down. So he and Jebb were stranded. At this time of year there always seems to be a truck shortage in this family. One of FIL's trucks was in the shop, MIL and nephew took another one to Bend to p/u the 4 wheeler, FIL was out of town in another one...so that left our 2. We quick fast cleaned the truck bed and inside out. I was left with the 2 girls- no big deal, they help to occupy Mac and keep her out of my hair. They palyed and stuff all day. BIL and wife show up. Mac asks for the girls to spend the night. I say why not and so does their mom. She will pick them up @ 12 today.

Littlest one doesn't won't go to sleep. She wants me to take her home- it's 10:30 pm! And a 30 minute drive to their house each way. Nope I say. So I come out here (living room) put on a movie. Tell the 2 older girls to quit talking because then Janna will go to sleep. Nope she wants me to sleep out here. I stay a bit, then go back to the bedroom. She comes and knocks...will you take me to gma Jan's? Nope, it's 11:15 and they are asleep you are going to have to stay here. Go back out in lvg rm for a bit...about 12:45 they are all finally asleep!

Well they wake up at 7:30 this morning- full of P and V. I hear them in the kitchen wanting to make breakfast for me. I go see what's happening...they have the BIG tub out. I tell them no breakfast for me just yet. But if they want outmeal that is fine, but they need to get the premade packets out. The 2 girls know how to read. I ask them if they know what they are doing...YES. So I go into living room. I hear a bowl go into the microwave. Then the front door closes and they are outside with the dog. All of a sudden I smell a terrible smell! The girls and I met in the kitchen about the same time...there is smoke billowing out of the microwave...the oatmeal is just about ready to catch on fire! Mac opens the microwave and grabs the bowl...burns herself...the bowl is hot- and HAS NO WATER IN IT! Now the entire house smells and I am gagging trying to hold it together...Girls, don't you have to have water to make outmeal? Oops, we forgot! Well if you are hungry, then make yourself some toast, I have to go to the bedroom/bathroom and be sick!

Well, somehow in making the toast they began to argue. It didn't stop, regardless of my warnings. The littlest one locked herself in the bathroom, the 2 older girls stormed outside and went for a walk! IN THEIR PAJAMAS! I tried to calm the situation...but they were all just being BRATS! So I called Mac to my bedroom. I told her she is now grounded, the girls have to go home NOW, she can't go spend the night with her other cousin tonight, no TV, no pool, no trampoline! (I have been having problems with her since she came home from her Dad's and this was the last straw!) I tell the other girls to get dressed. I called MIL and asked them if she can come over and get them. I called my gma and told her Mac was in trouble and can't spend the night tonight. **MacKenzie hears me making both calls and goes hysterical! I promise mom, I'll be good now. I don't want them to go home. Can I go to gma Jan's with them? I want to spend the night with Sabre. I will listen and be good. I'm so sorry.** I knew it was going to come down to this. Last weekend on Sunday she got in big trouble too, and I ended up calling her dad. He talked to her, she carried on, and I thought that was good enough. But she must not have learned her lesson. I just hate having to ground her, but she is so stubborn, and doesn't seem to learn the lessons very easily. Wayne came home and said that she is grounded the rest of the summer from spending the night and going anywhere and she isn't allowed to have people over either. 1 month! YIKES! The thing is that it ends up torturing me just as much as her. And it also isn't very effective when she is going out of town on Fri-Sun with her other grandparents. I will have to tell them no tv...that is about the only thing that they will follow. I can't tell them not to allow her to play with her 2 cousins! Anyway...what a freakin' day!

I took a nap...felt good to get some sleep since I did not last night. I ate some lunch. I am doing laundry. Now I need to shower. I have my ultrasound appt @4:30 and I need to start drinking some water! I will post again later. I am really excited, nervous, anxious, scared...I just want it to be over with, and have good news! Hopefully all will go well and I will have some baby pics to post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security