The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, August 28, 2006

Sunset Beach

During our trip to the coast on the weekend of August 18-20, we made it to the ACTUAL beach! And we even were able to convince my gma to go with us- even better ;o)! So, I drove their mini-van to the care center. Mac and I went inside and up to floor 3. I told one of the nurses that we were going out for the afternoon. I asked her to get my gma up and ready, into her wheelchair. I told them I would be back in about 20 minutes because I was going to go pick up some lunch. So I left Mac, and off to Arby's I went. When my gpa was alive, I would always go to Arby's and get one of their Market Fresh sandwiches. They really liked the Turkey, Bacon, Ranch one and they would split it. So, knowing that my gma LOVES this sandwich, that is what I got her, with some curly fries. Went back to the Care Center and the nurse loaded my gma into the van for me (I can't lift her now that I am pg). We went to Sunset Beach Park and were there for about 3 hours. The weather was pretty cool, but I made sure I packed a lapblanket and cardigan for my gma. We parked right along the beach in the day area, ate our lunch, and watched Mac play on the beach! What a nice day with my gma! Mac was so funny to watch on the beach. She knew the area in which she could play (right in front of the van, and NOT in the water). She is little Miss Social! Every kid that came close was her friend. She would talk their ear off! She gathered shells with them, dug in the sand, climbed on the log, etc. It was pretty funny- what was even funnier was my gma watching Mac being a silly little girl and laughing at her! I love to hear my gma laugh! If I for some reason wasn't watching Mac (because I was getting something out of the backseat) my gma would poke my arm and start "talking" to me and shaking her finger! She is so funny! I love it when she is in a good mood and has a good day! Anytime Mac is around it is one of those days I think! Anyway, enough of the stories...here are some pics!

UPDATE- I have tried 3 different times, different sessions to try to get these pics up...but blogger is not cooperating! SO I will have to post them some other time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security