The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Coincidence?

So...Who has seen the movie "Weekend at Bernie's"? I thought EVERYONE had seen this movie. But I found out this March that is not the case! My Aunt Pam and cousins Traci and Ryan had not. This topic came up because of my Grandmother's passing. I know- weird. But sometimes you have to have something to laugh about, smile, giggle, smirk (whatever you choose) to get you through the tough times or you may drown in your own tears. After my Grandma passed, my Mom, Aunt, Uncle and cousins respectfully asked the nursing staff to leave them alone- they wanted to dress and beautify my Grandma before the funeral home came for her, nobody else. So they washed her hair (which was quite a fiasco), attempted to curl her hair (yay Traci-Roo), painted her nails (good job Pam) and dressed her (in the dress she wore to my brother's wedding) having an especially hard time with the pantyhose, LOL! During this process, WAB was brought up for OBVIOUS reasons. Since I was not there, I am not sure who brought it up and who had not seen it...but I do believe that Pam and Traci had not seen it. I think my Mom, Ryan and Gary had all seen it. So, the next day or 2 the movie was rented and they all watched it. I never did hear if they thought it was funny or not??


So...fast-forward to mid-June. MacKenzie had been seeing the Pringles commercials on TV advertising trivia. We went shopping for a camping trip and the grocery store had these on sale. Of course I could not tell my daughter no, and who doesn't take junk food camping with them?! I think the sale was 4 cans for $3. We bought 2 cans w/ trivia, 1 BBQ and 1 salt and vinegar. We only took 2 cans with us- 1 trivia and the salt and vinegar. We got up to camp and it was dinner time. I opened the cabinet and the trivia can fell to the ground! Anyone who has eaten Pringles knows that they crack and crumble very easily. Oops! It appeared the whole can was toast (crumbs that is, ha ha). The next day we were sitting out under the awning eating the 'crumbs.' Literally all of the chips were in pieces, and I came across one that was NOT broken (at least entirely). I could hardly believe my eyes when I read the writing...
This was the best shot I could get and still be able to read the writing. For those of you who can not see it clearly, it says "Weekend at Bernie's" and the writing underneath it is a type of fill in the blank...with WAB being the answer. I almost choked when I saw this. My Grandparents are always on my mind- especially when we go camping. We used to camp a lot with my Grandparents before my Grandma had a stroke. So when I saw this it was like -my Grandma is here with me and watching out for us- For ALL of the chips to crumble and not this one- too weird! I put this chip in the cupholder of my camp chair. It was almost eaten SEVERAL times over the weekend. I never gave specific directions NOT to eat the chip- just thought that if it was meant to be, it would be there on Sunday morning when we broke camp. And sure enough it was! It took me a few minutes to think of a safe place to store it for the ride home. I finally settled on a little dixie cup in the bathroom medicine cabinet (in the 5th wheel). It made the ride home just fine, no further breakage! I just photographed it today and it is now sitting on my nightstand in a basket. Not sure what lies ahead in the chips future?! Any suggestions?! I hope the rest of the Hamilton clan gets a laugh, smile, giggle or smirk- I know my Mom and I did :)

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Pam said...

A bitter-sweet night for all of us. Ryan and Traci were certainly the comic relief...my sister is my hero!

Hang on to that chip...frame it in a shadow box of some sort...we'll laugh about that for years.

AP@
www.pamgwillim.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security