The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ahhh, clean sheets at last!



The whole time I was going through the miscarriage, I just kept thinking, "I wish I had cleen sheets! My whole bed has been slept on by dirty farmer husband and water changing dog. Eww, everytime I roll over there is dirt! Ouch! Is that a rock?" I had asked DH if he would change the sheets and comforter for me. He said he would when he had time. Unfortunately, he never had time. And I knew he was already trying his hardest to make me happy, so I didn't dare ask again. Today I felt good enough to tackle some laundry and do something in this bedroom and Mac's too. So I started by stripping the entire bed! I took off the electric matress pad warmer. It's now in the kitchen waiting to go in the shed. I then took off the matress pad protector. I washed and bleached the protector. I took the down comforter and washed it. I took all of the pillow cases off, even the decorative ones and washed them. In between each layer I put on, I sprayed the entire bed with lavendar linen spray! Yummy! A few months ago when I was shopping, I found Downy made fabric softener that was lavendar & vanilla. It smells so good! I vacuumed, dusted, organized, folded, and put away laundry. I haven't quite finished yet, I still have my dresser to do. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have the entire house done. That is my goal, and I asked Wayne if that is ok instead of doing a half-asked job in a quick hurry. He said that was fine. Not to wear myself out, just do little at a time- but the house needs to be in order sometime soon! Ok, I get the point- thanks! I then did the same (only the bed and putting away clothes that go in the drawers) in baby girl's room. Baby girl's quilt is in the dryer now. She will help me put on the clean sheets from the closet when she gets home, which should be anytime! My bed is now put together, and I can't wait to sleep in it tonight! I remember watching Oprah one time, and she said that she has a maid that changes her sheets daily. The maid puts on 1000 count (or something ridiculous like that) starched, pressed sheets every day! How lucky Oprah is to have the money for that! I wonder what she would do if she had to be normal again like all of us? Oh, also Oprah doesn't ever use her towels more than 1 time. What a life!
BTW- this is the actual bedding set we have in our room. Got it from Domestications.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Pam said...

There is NOTHING like clean sheets....and BTW...I try to use my towels once as well...Did you know Oprah and I twins, yep...we share a birthday, maybe that is why we don't use our towels more than once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security