The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, May 08, 2006

Dad's New Hog


My Mom and Dad took a trip over the mountain to Portland to buy this Harley from my Uncle Gary. This is a '91 Harley Sportster. The gas tank is painted with primer because something went wrong inside it and they had to do something to fix it, but it ruined the paintjob. My Dad told my Uncle not to have it repainted (he didn't really care for the color). But then when he got it home (after assembling the tank and all that it entailed) he said if he knew it was going to look that "hokey" he would have had the place paint it. Needless to say, he is in no hurry to take it apart anytime soon- so who knows how long it will look like this! He keeps tinkering around with it, I am sure the neighbors wish he never would have brought it home. It was such a quiet neighborhood. And we have the minister right next door, who looks to be home for a bit- I bet he is sure glad to be home to listen to the redneck neighbor's new toy.
******************************************************************
On another note...I had a dr appt today. I saw my normal doctor. She just asked me some questions, took my bp, heart rate, temp and they did a blood draw. They will send that off to the lab to check my hcg and progestrin levels to make sure they are declining like they should be since the miscarriage. She said to watch for any unusual bleeding, cramping, etc. And to call immediately if I have any of those symptoms. She said a D & C is unlikely. And we can try to get pg anytime after 1 month. They just need to know the first day of my last menstrual cycle. But I told her that would be unlikely. We want to have a baby born between Oct-Feb, so we have awhile to wait. Anyway...feeling physically better here. Haven't taken any meds today. I took 3 yesterday- 1 in the late afternoon and 2 before bed. Mentally I am tired and spiritually I am exhausted. I haven't really dealt with this at all- just the physical symptoms and what needed to be done. Now I have to work on accepting this and moving on. Easier said/typed than done. It is now bedtime and I must tuck baby girl in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security