The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Final Update

Last night was a very sleepless night. I was in a lot of pain and the blood did not stop. I finally fell asleep about 1 am. About 5 minutes later, DH came in from sleeping on the couch in the living room. I never was able to get back to sleep.

At 7 am this morning I called the dr.'s office. K'Lyn answered and said that Dr. El-Attar and nurse Amber were on the late shift today and would not be in until noon. I told her what happened and she said she would have the next available nurse, Margo call me when she came in. About 7:45 she called and asked me what was going on. I told her I just wanted some meds and to stay home. She put me on hold to ask Dr. L (man dr. who I can not stand at all). She came back and said that I needed to come in. Since I am RH negative I would have to get a shot and possibly have an ultrasound. As much as I did not want to go in, I didn't have a choice.

The 3 of us went into town. DH was going to take MacKenzie into school. He still did, and bless his heart drove too (btw this is normally my job as he does not like to drive, so I felt very blessed this morning). Dropped baby girl off and went to the dr.'s office. Got in right away, at least into a room that is. We had to wait awhile. Got my bp taken, heart rate, blood draw while waiting for dr. He came in and asked what was up. I told him about the visit yesterday and how I had been feeling and all that transpired last night. He looked up my HCG level from yesterday and it was 77. My heart just dropped. I kind of wish that Suzy would have told me that yesterday, but I guess had I asked she would have. Anyway, he confirmed that I was indeed having a miscarriage. He wanted to take the safe side and give me a shot of rhogam (for the RH negative factor) regardless of what Wayne's blood type was. He said it wouldn't harm me even if DH didn't have positive blood. And it would just be quicker to do that than have to type DH's blood. The clinic did not have it in stock, so had to wait for someone to walk over to the hospital and get it. In the meantime, I had to have a hematocrit done to check if I was anemic due to too much blood loss. It came back normal. I got the shot, and rx for some vicodin. 50 pills, 2 every 4 hours, with 1 refill. At least he was decent as far as that goes. Needless to say, I wish I could have seen my own dr. I love her and she is so much better than he could ever have been. But it was an emergency and what else could I have done? While I was in the dr.'s exam room, I felt a gush. It continued while I was in the store getting some pads and my meds. When I got home I found the remains of the pregnancy on my pad. I haven't really passed anymore clots, but the bleeding is still very heavy. If it has not stopped in 36 hours, then I will need to go in for a D & C. Other than that, not much else to tell.

I called exH's mom and asked if there was anyway they could take MacKenzie this weekend. they were going to get her the weekend after Mother's Day, but she said they would be happy to take her now. She was very nice and appologized and even cried a little for me. They wanted to take her today if it was ok with me for her to miss school tomorrow, but she had 1 last ballet class before the dress rehersal and recital, so that wasn't possible.

My mom came out during her lunch. She brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I will take a picture and post it later. She also brought some lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. Thank you mom!

When I just started typing this, Wayne's mom and sister showed up. They wanted to know what had been going on. So I told them the story. Said they were sorry and had been thinking of me all day. They would call tomorrow and come see me. Probably bring something to eat too.

MacKenzie is doing her homework and I need to go help her. Will try to post the pic soon. The flowers are beautiful and I moved them to my bedroom on my dresser where I can look at them and smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security