The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday- follow up on failed induction

This morning between 7:30 and 8:00 Wayne and I were to go into L & D @ the hospital. I had to have a non-stress test done to check on the baby and of course to check my blood pressure. Incredibly, my bp went down about 15 points...so that was enough to make the doc happy and not make me have to have more cytotec inserted. The baby was very active in the time I was on the monitor...and the heart rate was excellent. They did not do an internal exam, as my uterus was "irritated" from all the stuff that happened to it on Fri and Sat. They don't really think I have dilated much more anyway. The only thing that could have happened is maybe I have effaced a bit more- but I am not counting on that either :)

After I left the hospital Sat afternoon, I continued to have unpleasant and sometimes painful contractions and a very crampy feeling down low- but I guess that is to be expected, and it will probably continue to happen until I deliver. Sunday and today I also have experienced some painful contractions and cramping :( So I will look forward to this being a daily occurance...but at least it's better than what was happening on Sat.
I was released today and put on bed rest. I have another appt on Thursday, same time, same place. I will do the non-stress test and maybe have an internal. They will check my BP...if it is still good, then I am free to go and return on Monday. Dr wants to have the baby out of me early still because of my lab results. BP meds and diuretics are not an option, they only mask the symptoms- not make them disappear. At this stage with increased BP it can decrease blood flow to the uterus, thus reducing baby's supply of oxygen. What can also happen is the placenta becomes unhealthy and is no longer able to supply a sufficient amount of nutrients and such to the baby. So it really is important to get the baby out...but because my BP has gone down some, we have a little bit of time to play with, and it's no longer a dire emergency like it was over the weekend. Doc also says that my uterus will have been doing something for over a week, and on Monday will maybe respond better to an induction. So, that's the word of the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security