The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Busy Day Filled...


After playing in the yard for about 1:30, I knew I could no longer postpone the inevitable! I needed to clean my house! After the miscarriage, I seriously neglected my house, especially the living room/dining area. I had stuff everywhere! Yes, most of it was mine, with some being Mac's, and very little of it DH's. As I was cleaning off the collapsable table, I had a brain storm! Quickly I went to get a measuring tape. I measured the first thing- 36". Ok, cross your fingers...measurement #2 50". YES!!! The folding table will fit next to my sewing table...if I move all the crap out of the way! For quite some time I have been trying to figure out just how I could have both my sewing table and scrapbook stuff out, and easily accessible to work on when I had the time. It is such a drag to haul the stuff out, work for an hour, and then have to put it all back! I think it takes me an hour to find all I need to make the project, and then an hour to work on the project, and yet another hour to put it all away! So I am hoping this arrangement works out nicely! I know it looks a tad cluttered, but had you seen it before you would think a miracle happened at 2320 NE Fir Ln!
This is the back wall of the dining area. I took loads and loads of stuff out to the storage shed. I am so proud of myself, I even took out craft stuff that I haven't used in a long time, because I didn't want this area to look even more cluttered than I knew it was going to be! As you can see, I have some more tidying up to do. On the surface of the table are a few projects I am currently working on. I think I may need to buy a few more 12 x 12 plastic storage folders.




This is the sewing table, and the absolute cleanest it has ever been! Last time I used my machine (last week) I dusted it off and put the cover on. I have a wonderful machine that my parents bought me for my college graduation last year, and I don't want it to get ruined...so I am making an effort to take extra special care of my things. Under the table to the left, you can see a white bag. This bag is filled with 2 almost finished WTIL baby quilts that I had sooo wanted to send with Auntie Pam to the orphanage in Mexico, but I didn't get them done. With the miscarriage, a few things I wanted to do had to go out the window. But I will have these done (someday hopefully soon) and they will go to WTIL! These will only be the 4th and 5th that I have made- but I guess that is better than nothing!

PS- BTW, darn blogger erased these pics from my last post, so I had to restart another post- this was originally all the same- oh well!

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Whoo hoo!!! Boy we sure are getting our money's worth out of that sewing machine table. cool.
I am glad you have carved out a spot for yourself, even if it is a small space it is YOUR space.

Hey, BTW, I really like that little girl in the mirror!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security