The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, May 15, 2006

First Grade Mammal Project



Yet another day for my daughter to get dressed up and have her hair fixed, clothes ironed, etc. Here is a picture of her hair.




















MacKenzie's mammal project was the Antelope Jack Rabbit. Here is a pic of the posterboard that we put together over the weekend.





















Close up of the posterboard. Mac told me what things she wanted to put on the board. So I typed it and we printed some pictures of the Antelope Jack Rabbit. At the very bottom Mac drew a picture of it, along with an owl and coyote- since she learned that these are the natural predators of the AJR.










The kids had to make a "habitat" where their animal would be found. This is supposed to be the desert. See her rabbit on top of the pom-pom in the left corner? Too cute!

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Ohmygosh - You can't imagine how much I love dioramas! Yes, me - a grown woman. LOL! Mac's desert habitat is very creative. I especially like that she put those paper pieces over the top. Honestly - if she ever does another diorama, PLEASE post a photo of it, too.

Now, her hair - I LOVE that style. You are very talented to be able to do that, and do it fairly often, too. :) It looks so cute on her.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Wanda,
I read MacKenzie your comment, and she was sooo happy that someone else loved her habitat diorama. She said they worked on them for 3 days. You should have seen how many pipe cleaners were on them all! I wish I had taken pics of the other kids'- but the room was so crowded it was difficult to even get Mac's. I will be on the lookout for future dioramas just for you Wanda!

The hair is really no big deal. I just HATE her hair in her eyes, so I try to do it up as often as she will let me. However, she has a tender head, just like Auntie Pam (boo hoo), and cries if I barely even touch her head...Grrr! So, I don't get to do this often enough! My mom fixed my hair everyday when I was little, and I didn't dare cry, or fear being smacked by the brush (sorry mom, but it's true!) Ouch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security