The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

...With Hard Work



For Mother's Day, DH and Mac bought me some flowers (two six packs of dianthus and one six pack of petunias) and a cedar planter. I found this wire planter in my mom's greenhouse. I confiscated it and hung it all by myself on the power/phone pole. I bought a bag of moss and lined the basket, put some soil in it, and then planted three of the six petunias.











This is my favorite thing in our entire yard! This is an old pump (well casing) that DH found in a junk pile on his first farm that he bought. It was all torn apart in a zillion pieces. He thought it looked interesting, so he took the time to reassemble it. Anyway, this is the cedar planter with the pink/white dianthus that my two loves bought for me.














Just a closer shot. I almost couldn't get all of those flowers inside the pot. There is a total of 12! Anyway, we are planning on taking this to the new house. DH is going to make a fountain out of it somehow. He is going to put some kind of a bucket underneath this spout and have the water recycle somehow. I didn't quite get it, but he has it all planned. I just can't wait! I want loads of flowers planted all around it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security