The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

One Year Ago This Weekend...

...DH (then DF...oh that looks bad, I mean Dear Fiance!) gave me this beautiful set! Yes, he proposed to me over Memorial Day Weekend last year, of all times, when we were camping! YIKES! He sure must love me, because I hadn't had a shower in a few days, and must have smelled like campfire smoke!
I LOVE this ring! It is so beautiful and shiney and all of that! I especially love that this was custom designed for me by a jeweler in New York City's Diamond District. I have not seen any that even remotely resemble mine, and none are as breathtaking!
Someday soon, I need to get the bands soldered together...but they are a bit tight still, so I am trying to hold off. I am so glad that when I cut my fingers (index and middle) I did not cut my ring finger! Those two fingers will never be back to normal, and 1 1/2 years later, I still have no feeling in them, and as my Aunt Deborah says, "they look like Frankenstein." Because you can see the lines from where the stitches originated, there are a bunch of scars shaped like dots and lines...how lovely!

We are off again to camp. Leaving in the am tomorrow. Keeping BG out of school. Gonna do some fishing, reading, napping, cooking, eating, sleeping, play some games, a puzzle, and who knows what else! I am looking forward to this weekend! Yay! I hope everyone else has a great weekend too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security