The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Friday, May 19, 2006

Thunder and Lightning

Starting yesterday afternoon, we had some storms move in. They are forecasted to last through today at least. I was in the house yesterday afternoon and the power flickered several times. So since we are running all of our irrigation water, and the pumps run on electricity, I had to step out to make sure they were still going. If not- big problem and I needed to call DH. I took several pictures of the sky. I love thunderstorms! The smell of the rain, the cool wind on one's face, the rain drops on the face (ok, the soft ones, not the hard ones!) and the sound of the wind, rain, and the crack of the thunder and lightning! The picture (above) is Mt. Jefferson. This is a view pretty much straight down our driveway.
(above) This is Juniper Butte. If you look very carefully, you can see some smoke rising. There were several brush fires due to the lightning strikes.
(above) The big hill (some living in the flats may call this a mountain, but it is not!) is Grizzly Butte. BIL, Glenn has a ranch out this direction. They usually get much heavier weather than we do here in town.
(above) This is just a shot out into the grass field. Right now I can't remember what Butte that is to the left (what a dork I am, I have lived here my whole life!), but to the right is Grizzly.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Pam said...

I love thunder storms....we are suppose to get one or two over the next couple of days...can't wait!!!

This wknd is crazy getting ready for NEXT Saturday...8 more days!

Glad you are back on track with your puter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security