The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Willow Tree "Father & Daughter"


After seeing Heather's post on Willow Tree, I looked up and printed a catalog. After perusing that catalog, I decided I was ready to make my first of several (hopefully) to come purchases. Since Father's Day is just around the corner, I decided to get this for Mac to give to Wayne. Even though he is not her "real" father, I hope that someday she will look at him as her "dad." In my eyes, he has done far more for her than her biological father- all but be the donor! She still calls him "Wayne" to his face, but calls him her dad to others. So I think the time is coming that she will begin to call him dad. The funniest thing is when she is talking to the "donor" and refers to Wayne, she says, "my new dad." It makes the donor really mad. He has even asked me to talk to her about it. I have, but didn't really make a big deal out of it, just told her not to say that to her dad. Anyway, I LOVE these things! I also made some christmas ornament purchases, a 6 month-iversary gift for Wayne, the real anniversary gift, and a figurine for Mac's teacher for the last day of school (it was her first year teaching). I just got an e mail saying my order will be here Friday! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see these beauties!

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Time...just give Wayne time to learn to be a daddy and give Macaroni time to learn what it is like to have a daddy there every day. I have no doubt that Wayne can be a daddy to Mac 100%...time will make it a natural process and soon it will be like it was always that way. I am so proud of you Mandy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security