The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Friday, March 02, 2007

25 more hours...

...and still no baby! Yes, that's right!!! I had a non-stress test (NST) scheduled again for Thursday at the hospital. I arrived and was put on the machine. They took my vitals and my BP went even higher than it was last week. So my doc showed up. She did an internal exam, and I was exactly where I was when I left last weekend (-3 station, 2 cm, and 50% effaced). They also took urine sample and bloodwork. The labwork came back a little worse than it was the previous week. Because of my BP and the fact that I was exactly the same (internally) that I was last weekend, she wanted to try to induce again- by trying the cytotec, but only 1 dose. It was inserted at 9:20 am. By 12:20, the dose was over, and NOTHING had happened. The doc thought that pitocin would work. So about 1:15 (once the stupid nurse found somebody to place my IV since she was incapable) the pit was started. Long story very short...the pit ran for 7 hours. At 8:15 pm, my uterus was being hyperstimulated- not good. No real contractions were happening, and my cervix was not dilating any further. The whole time the baby was tolerating everything very well :) Thankfully!!! Doc wanted me to stay the night...so I did. A woman came in a little before 4 am in full blown labor...they put her in the room next to me. So I got to listen to her moan and scream until the baby was born. Between that and the lady across the halls baby crying all night, an uncomfortable bed, contractions, and just being uncomfy- I did not sleep! Come to find out about 7 am, I knew the lady who gave birth...a friend of mine named Tina :) So once I visited her, I was not quite so crabby :) I got my breakfast, ate, and had to be back on the monitor by 8 am. No real big contractions and baby's HR was good. Doc came in and asked me what I thought. I told her I did not want to go back on pit today. Maybe the 3rd time was a charm. She agreed with me and said she lost a lot of sleep over me last night. She knows I can have this baby vaginally, and doesn't want to force me to have a c-section unless it's a dire emergency. So...back next Monday for another NST...back on Thursday for NST and an exam to see if maybe my body is ready for some more pit. And HOPEFULLY the 3rd time will be a charm. Although I am not 100% sure I will choose Thursday as the day to do the pit. I am thinking of asking to go in first thing Sat morning. Trying to find a place for MacKenzie to be until the pushing begins and little Gabriel arrives, has proven to be challenging! But I am so thankful that I have a wonderful family here that helps me with whatever I need! Praise the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security