The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Monday, March 05, 2007

Today's Dr Appt

This morning at 8, Wayne and I went to the hospital for what is seeming to be our normal day for NST (non-stress test). My BP was high and baby's heart rate was good :) Thankfully! My doc had the day off, but she came in to check on me :) What a great doc I have! My BP wasn't so high that she wouldn't release me- so that was good. We talked about trying an induction maybe Sunday or Monday if my body doesn't do something on it's own. Thursday I have what's called a Biophysical Profile (BPP). Basically it's a high-tech ultrasound. They check the level of amniotic fluid, the baby's breathing (yes, the lungs are functioning even w/o air at this point), the amount of oxygen in the blood flowing through the placenta, and baby's weight. That appointment is at 9, and then I will go across the street to the clinic for an appt at 9:30. She will do an internal exam to see if anything further has happened (dilation, effacement, station, etc.). She may possibly do a procedure called "stripping the membranes." This is something she doesn't usually do- there is no hard, strong proof that it works to send one into labor on their own, but at this point I am willing to try "almost" anything...but a c-section! I will have a few tubes of blood drawn to send over to the lab for a complete work-up. I am sure it will show that my kidneys aren't working as well as they should- that is what the previous 2 have shown...but hopefully it isn't too much worse from the previous week. Then maybe on Sunday or Monday we will try another induction...and the 3rd time will be a charm! On Monday I will be 39 wks 2 days...so a lot closer than when they first started trying to induce me. Anyway, that is all I know for now! Thanks again everyone for everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security