The Farmer Takes A Wife (this one)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Yesterday's Appt.

Hopefully yesterday was my last dr appt being pg :) Went in and the same ole, same ole happened. Got hooked up to the monitor. Baby looked good as usual, however, he wanted to sleep a lot and not move- so we were there a little longer than normal. My BP was back up...who knows what's up with that?! My favorite nurse was on duty. I asked if I could be induced that day, but my doc just got off 24 hour call at the ER- so she didn't sound too excited about it, so I just dropped it. I am sure if I would have pressed her she would have agreed...but it wasn't meant to be. Before doc left she said to be back on Sunday (18th) at 7 am for induction. We are not able to do it on Sat because she is going to be at Mt Bachelor with her son for skiing lessons. They will be home around 5:30 pm, in case something was to happen. But if something happened during the day on Sat, I would get Dr. Plant. He is a doc from the same practice. I like him- his daughter was in my pre-school class last year. He is the same age as me, 31. But the bad things about Sat- my most unfavorite nurse is on call. So, yeah- that really sucks :(-


Before I left the hospital, the nurse asked my if I had tried castor oil. I said no. But she used to be a mid-wife (she trained in Ireland) and thought maybe my body would be ready for it since it sounded like some progress was happening "down below." I really had not wanted to resort to that- but I did. Last night about 9:20 pm I took 1 oz of it. Wow!! That was a lot to try to swallow. It didn't stink or taste- but it was so THICK and GREASY I could hardly swallow it :(- I chased it with coke, since that is what most people reported worked the best (online pregnancy boards). I was expecting it to have an almost immediate effect on me- but it did not. The boards said about 15 minutes for most people. The warning ont he bottle said 6-12 hours. So I watched a bit of TV waiting for something to happen- nothing. So I decided I should get some sleep- no sense sitting there waiting for something to happen! I slept until 2 am, when I woke up with my stomach and bowels GRUMBLING!!! I must say, the castor oil was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got up at 2, 5, 7:30...and that was it! It took a total of 5 hours to work through my system...but it did not cause any contractions :( I called L & D today to talk to "my nurse" and she was surprised that it did not cause any contractions. Her advice was to do my breastpump and if that did nothing, try the castor oil again. But she gets off shift at 6 pm today, and I didn't want to do it again to end up with another nurse- if it even worked at all!! So I have been cleaning house today. Laundry, laundry, laundry, dishes and taking care of a "sick" child (she is faking I am sure).


Fortunately on Sunday, my other favorite nurse will be there. When they put you on pitocin a nurse has to be in the room with you at all times...so it's good that the nurse is someone I can stand! Anyway- this will probably be my last update until the baby is born. I just hope and pray that my body is ready for the induction- I don't want to leave the hospital for a 3rd time w/o a baby! But if it fails and I am good and the baby is good, the doc has agreed to let me go home and we will either try again or wait for it to happen on its own...as long as the BP and blood work are still semi-normal! So thank goodness for an awesome doc!

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Almost there! I've been checking in often to see if you've had that baby. :) I'm hoping you don't have to be induced and will go naturally. Either way.... the baby will "get here". (ha)

Blessings.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Hi there...Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil? That worked for me. It has some kind of hormone that will cause contrations. Good Luck!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Yep...been doing EPO since about 34 weeks. And drinking the raspberry leaf tea...and neither has really done anything :) Guess it's not meant to be- yet!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Soooo... did you have the baby? Your faithful blogreaders want to know the stats! :) Maybe you are too busy nursing constantly to updat the blog, huh? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Internet Providers Home Security